Jesi and Ryan Haack are a dynamic duo of creativity, sharing a loving home with their two sons Jonah and Maverick. Each room has a DIY charm, with great thrift store finds and handmade decorations. Finding out that Jesi is a stylist for weddings and photo shoots, it was fun to see her put her stamp on her own home.
Last week we saw a tour of the Haack's office and their home is yet another perfect example of their same welcoming style. I love the subtle tones throughout each room, with pops of color here and there. Throughout you can see bits of their eclectic collection of contemporary furniture and vintage or thrifted accessories. All in all, this a great, uncluttered home that makes the most of the space and is filled with a very friendly, happy, young vibe.
Apartment Therapy Survey:
Our Style: Modern eclectic thrift
Inspiration: Weird stuff from thrift stores
Favorite Element: I am in love with our rooster lamp ☺
Biggest Challenge: Working with the tight space...making it functional, yet look really cool.
What Friends Say: They all love all of the different design details brought in throughout the house.
Biggest Embarrassment: How old and dirty the black and white floors are!
Proudest DIY: The backyard. It was a hot mess when we moved in, and Ryan transformed it into a functional, garden setting with café lighting overhead. I love setting up a projector, eating dinner and watching a movie on the side of the house on a summer eve ☺
Biggest Indulgence: Landscaping materials.
Best Advice: Keep your main palette neutral and accent with pops of pattern and color.
Dream Sources: Jonathan Adler, Room + board, Thrift Stores
Resources of Note:
PAINT & COLORS
- • no clue of the color, it was in the OOPS section of Home Depot
- • mustache key holder: Urban Outfitters
- • shelving, side table and desk: DIY
• coffee table: garage sale
• couch: random spot in Huntington Beach
• orange chair: thrift
- • 50's style table: thrift
• curtains: Amy Butler fabric
- • Hutch: Ikea
• Tea towels as curtains: Cost Plus
- • bed: my dad built it
• Duvet: Dwell at Anthropologie
• Dresser and side table: Thrift
- • Shower curtain: Anthropologie
• Mirror: Thrift/ DIY
• Hand towels: Anthropologie
• Seafoam green cabinets: Garage sale/ DIY
JONAH + MAVERICK'S ROOM
- • Curtains: Burlap DIY
• Clouds: DIY
• Dressers: Thrift
• Loft bed: Ikea
• crib: Ikea
Thanks, Jesi + Ryan!
• HOUSE TOUR ARCHIVE Check out past house tours here
• Interested in sharing your home with Apartment Therapy? Contact the editors through our House Tour Submission Form.
• Are you a designer/architect/decorator interested in sharing a residential project with Apartment Therapy readers? Contact the editors through our Professional Submission Form.